School of Information, Computer and Communication Technology (ICT)
Dr. Seksan Laitrakun
E - Mail
- Ph.D in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- M.Sc in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- M.Sc in Electrical Engineering, SIIT, Thammasart University, Thailand
- B.Eng in Electrical Engineering, SIIT, Thammasart University, Thailand
- Royal Thai Government Scholarship (awarded by Commission of Higher Education), 2007.
Distributed Signal Processing, Internet of Things (IoT), Wireless Body Area Networks (WBANs).
My current research interests focus on the following two topics: distributed signal processing in wireless sensor networks and applications of IoT/WBANs towards rehabilitation/healthcare engineering.
- 2018 – Present: SIIT
- 2014 – 2018: Lecturer, School of IT, Mae Fah Luang University
List of Publications
International Journal Papers
- S. Laitrakun (2020). Decision fusion for composite hypothesis testing in wireless sensor networks over a shared and noisy collision channel, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Vol. 16, July 2020.
- Seksan Laitrakun and Edward J. Coyle (2014). Reliability-based splitting algorithms for time-constrained distributed detection in random-access WSNs, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 62, No. 21, 1 November 2014, pp. 5536 - 5551.
International Conference Papers
- S. Laitrakun (2019). Energy-constrained design of collision-aware distributed detection with sensors performing truncated SPRTs, The 16th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON 2019), Pataya, July 10-13, 2019.
- P. Khansong, J. Karnjana, S. Laitrakun, S. Usanavasin (2020). Customer service improvement based on electricity payment behaviors analysis using data mining approaches, Joint International Conference on Digital Arts, Media and Technology with ECTI Northern Section Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering (ECTI DAMT and NCON 2020), Pattaya, Thailand, March 11-14, 2020.
- Seksan Laitrakun (2018). Rao-test fusion rules of uncensored decisions transmitted over a collision channel. In Proceedings of the 21st International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC- 2018), 25-28 November 2018, Chiang Rai, Thailand, pp.
- S. Laitrakun and E. J. Coyle, “Collision-Aware Composite Hypothesis Testing in
Random-Access WSNs with Sensor Censoring,” in Proc. ICSEC, 2015.
- S. Laitrakun and E. J. Coyle, “Collision-Aware Distributed Estimation in WSNs using
Sensor-Censoring Random Access,” in Proc. MILCOM, 2015.
- S. Laitrakun and E. J. Coyle, “Collision-Aware Sequential Distributed Detection with
Sensor Censoring in Random-Access WSNs,” in Proc. ECTI-CON, 2015.
- S. Laitrakun and E. J. Coyle, “Collision-Aware Decision Fusion in Distributed Detection
Using Reliability-Splitting Algorithms,” in Proc. MILCOM, 2014.
- S. Laitrakun and E. J. Coyle, “Adaptive Reliability-Based Splitting Algorithms with
Collision Inference for Sequential Detection,” in Proc. MILCOM, 2014.
- S. Laitrakun and E. J. Coyle, “Adaptive Reliability-Based Splitting Algorithms for
Ordered Sequential Detection in WSNs,” in Proc. PIMRC, 2014.
- S. Laitrakun and E. J. Coyle, “The Use of Reliability-Based Splitting Algorithms to
Improve Distributed Estimation in WSNs,” in Proc. MILCOM, 2013.
- S. Laitrakun and E. J. Coyle, “Reliability-Based Splitting Algorithms for Time-
Constrained Distributed Detection in WSNs,” in Proc. DCOSS, 2013.
- S. Laitrakun and E. J. Coyle, “Optimizing the Collection of Local Decisions for Time-
Constrained Distributed Detection in WSNs,” in Proc. INFOCOM, 2013.
- S. Laitrakun and E. J. Coyle, “Power Allocation for Distributed Detection in a Multiple-
Ring Cluster,” in Proc. SSP, 2012.
- S. Laitrakun and S. Tantaratana, “Coherent Acquisition of PN Sequence for DS/SS
Systems with Sectional Code Phase Estimator,” in Proc. ISCIT, 2001.
- S. Laitrakun and S. Tantaratana, “Improved Pseudonoise Synchronization using DLL for
DS/SS System with Microcells,” in Proc. WPMC, 2000.
- Laitrakun, S., Phanish, D., and Coyle, E. J., (2019) “Energy-efficient clustering and
collision-aware distributed detection/estimation in random-access-based WSNs”, Data
Fusion in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Statistical Signal Processing Perspective, edited
by Domenico Ciuonzo and Pierluigi Salvo Rossi, Institution of Engineering and
Technology, pp. 81-110 (ISBN-13 978-1-78561-584-9, ISBN-10 178-5615-84-X).