DR. THUNYASETH SETHAPUT (ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
School of Manufacturing Systems and Mechanical Engineering (MSME)
Dr. Thunyaseth Sethaput (Assistant Professor)
Chairperson of Mechanical Engineering Program
E - Mail
+66-2-986-9009, +66-2-986-9101, +66-2-564-3226
- PhD in Systems and Control Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio, USA
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering, Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), Thammasat University, Thailand
Systems Biology, Biomedical Mechanics, Neurosurgical Systems, Cardiovascular Systems, Simulation Modeling, Signal Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Mathematical Model for Hemodynamic and Intracranial Windkessel MechanismThe understanding of intracranial system so that one can explain its related pathological condition such as hydrocephalus and traumatic brain injury (TBI) is still subtle. Especially, the cause of hydrocephalus which is known as the common birth defect is not well defined. Traditionally, hydrocephalus was described as imbalance between production and absorption process of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). However, many recent observations show that the bulk flow theory can no longer explain the cause of hydrocephalus. Hence, the new concept of hydrocephalus has been deviated from the bulk flow theory and comes to focus on the pulsatile dynamic of intracranial system and abnormalities of intracranial Windkessel mechanism. Thus, the simulation via mathematical model based on Windkessel mechanism, which is one of the most useful tool to clarify the pulsatile dynamic within intracranial cavity is developed. The mathematical model is constructed based on the mechanical and fluid mechanics principles to predict the hemodynamics throughout major arterial system and intracranial space.
- 2008-2013: Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio,USA
- 2006: Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant, Cleveland State University, Ohio, USA
- 2004: Engineering Trainee, EvoBus GmbH, Mannheim, Germany
List of Publications
- Supanut Phuangwongtrakul; Wishsanuruk Wechsatol; Thunyaseth Sethaput; Kreeta Suktang; and Somchai Wongwises (2016). Experimental study on sparking ignition engine performance for optimal mixing ratio of ethanol-gasoline blended fuels, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 100, 5 May 2016, pp. 869-879.
- Thalakotunage, Amilia Hemantha; and Thunyaseth Sethaput (2016). Quantification of CSF velocity through the narrowest point in aqueduct of slyvia for normal and normal pressure hydrocephalus patient by CFD analysis, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 8, Supplement 2, 1 January 2016, pp. 52-55.
- Thunyaseth Sethaput and Arsit Boonyaprapasorn (2018). Fractional order sliding mode control applying on the HIV infection system. In Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Artificial Life and Robotics (ICAROB 2018), 1-4 February 2018, Beppu, Oita, Japan, pp. 157-160.
- Arsit Boonyaprapasorn; Parinya Sa Ngiamsunthorn; and Thunyaseth Sethaput (2016). Synergetic control for HIV infection system of cd4+t cells. In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Control, Automation, and Systems (ICCAS 2016), 16-19 October 2016, Gyeongju, Korea, pp. 484-488.
- Thalakotunage, Amilia Hemantha; and Thunyaseth Sethaput (2016). Mathematical model for dynamics of CSF through the aqueduct of sylvia based on an analogy of arterial dilation and contraction. In Proceedings of the 2016 International Conference on IT, Mechanical & Communication Engineering (ICIMCE-2016), 2-3 January 2016, Pattaya City, Chonburi, Thailand, pp. 88-97.
- Arsit Boonyaprapasorn; and Thunyaseth Sethaput (2015). Design of sliding mode controller for droplet position in EWOD microfluidic system. In Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Artificial Life and Robotics (ICAROB2015) [CD-ROM], 10-12 January 2015, Oita, Japan, pp. 17-21.