DR. NGUYEN DUY HUNG (ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
School of Information, Computer, and Communication Technology (ICT)
Dr. Nguyen Duy Hung (Assistant Professor)
E - Mail
- Ph.D. in Remote Sensing and GIS, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
- M.Eng. in Computer Science, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
- B.Eng. in Electronics and Telecommunication, Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam
- Bronze medal in International Chemistry Olympiad, 1996, Russia
- JICA scholarship, 2003-2006, AIT
- Hisamatsu prize (Award for the Most Outstanding Computer Science Student), 2002, AIT
Artificial Intelligence, Multi-agents, Argumentation, Proof Procedures, Dialogues, Contract Dispute Resolution Systems
Argumentation is a form of reasoning, that could be viewed as a dispute resolution, in which the participants present their arguments to establish, defend or attack certain propositions. A theoretical study of argumentation may be about mechanisms for constructing of arguments and the attack relation between arguments; argumentation semantics for deciding which arguments to accept and which arguments to reject; or proof procedures to compute the acceptability of arguments for different arguemntation semantics.
Applications of Argumentation
Argumentation has provided a basis for understanding non-monotonic and defeasible reasoning, a promising platform for investigating decision making, negotiation, legal reasoning, learning, dispute resolution, dialogues, multi-agents and sensor networks.
- 2013-Present: SIIT
- 2007-2009: Project researcher, AIT
List of Publications
International Journal Papers
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2017). Inference procedures and engine for probabilistic argumentation, International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, Vol. 90, November 2017, pp. 163-191.
- Rassarin Chinnachodteeranun; Nguyen Duy Hung; Kiyoshi Honda; Amor V. M. Ines; and Eunjin Han (2016). Designing implementing weather generators as web services, Future Internet, Vol. 8, No. 4, 15 December 2016, Article No. 55, 24 p.
National Journal Papers
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2016). Probabilistic argumentation for decision making a toolbox and applications, Journal of Intelligent Informatics and Smart Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, April 2017, 12 p.
International Conference Papers
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2017). The distribution semantics of extended argumentation, Communications in Computer and Information Science: Knowledge and Systems Sciences: Proceedings of the 18th International Symposium (KSS 2017), 17-19 November 2017, Bangkok, Thailand, Vol. 780, 2017, pp. 197-211.
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2017). Inference and learning in probabilistic argumentation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Lecture Notes in Artiﬁcial Intelligence: Multi-disciplinary Trends in Artificial Intelligence: Proceedings of the 11th Multi-disciplinary International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence (MIWAI 2017), 20-22 November 2017, Gadong, Brunei, Vol. 10607, 2017, pp. 3-17.
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2017). Probabilistic assumption-based argumentation with DST evidence. In Proceedings of the Joint 17th World Congress of International Fuzzy Systems Association and 9th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems (IFSA-SCIS 2017), 27-30 June 2017, Otsu, Shiga, Japan, 6 p.
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2017). A generalization of probabilistic argumentation with Dempster-Shafer theory, Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Lecture Notes in Artiﬁcial Intelligence: KI 2017: Advances in Artiﬁcial Intelligence: Proceedings of the 40th Annual German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI 2017), 25-29 September 2017, Dortmund, Germany, Vol. 10505, August 2017, pp. 155-169.
- Teeradaj Racharak; Satoshi Tojo; Nguyen Duy Hung; and Prachya Boonkwan (2017). Combining answer set programming with description logics for analogical reasoning under an agent’s preferences, Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Lecture Notes in Artiﬁcial Intelligence: Advances in Artificial Intelligence: From Theory to Practice: Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Industrial, Engineering and Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems (IEA/AIE 2017), 27-30 June 2017, Arras, France, Vol. 10351, 2017, pp. 306-316.
- Teeradaj Racharak; Satoshi Tojo; Nguyen Duy Hung; and Prachya Boonkwan (2017). Argument-based logic programming for analogical reasoning, Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence: New Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence: Proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on Juris-informatics (JURISIN 2016) associated with the 8th JSAI International Symposium on Artiﬁcial Intelligence (JSAI-isAI 2016), 14-16 November 2016, Kanagawa, Japan, Vol. 10247, 2017, pp. 253-269.
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2016). A probabilistic argumentation engine. In Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI 2016), 6-8 November 2016, San Jose, California, USA, pp. 311-318.
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2016). Computing probabilistic assumption-based argumentation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science: PRICAI 2016: Trends in Artificial Intelligence: Proceedings of the 14th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI 2016), 22-26 August 2016, Phuket, Thailand, Vol. 9810, 2016, pp. 152-166.
- Nguyen, Duy Hung; Santi Kaisaard; and Saung Hnin Pwint Oo (2018). Probabilistic argumentation for service restoration in power distribution networks, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing: Recent Advances and Future Prospects in Knowledge, Information and Creativity Support Systems: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Knowledge Information and Creativity Support Systems (KICSS 2015), 12-14 November 2015, Phuket, Thailand, Vol. 685, 2018, pp. 54-68.
- Nguyen, Thi Mai Phuong; Nguyen Duy Hung; and Honda Kiyoshi (2015). Dynamic rebinding for service composition. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Knowledge Information and Creativity Support Systems (KICSS 2015) [CD-ROM], 12-14 November 2015, Phuket, Thailand, pp. 562-569.
- Santi Kaisaaard and Nguyen Duy Hung (2015). A simulation-based framework for distribution service restoration, Applied Mechanics and Materials: Mechanical and Electrical Technology VII: Proceedings of the 2015 7th International Conference on Mechanical and Electrical Technology (ICMET 2015), 1-2 July 2015, Bali, Indonesia, Vol. 799-800, 2015, pp. 1227-1231.