DR. NGUYEN DUY HUNG (LECTURER)
School of Information, Computer, and Communication Technology (ICT)
Dr. Nguyen Duy Hung (Lecturer)
E - Mail
- Ph.D. in Remote Sensing and GIS, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
- M.Eng. in Computer Science, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
- B.Eng. in Electronics and Telecommunication, Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam
- Bronze medal in International Chemistry Olympiad, 1996, Russia
- JICA scholarship, 2003-2006, AIT
- Hisamatsu prize (Award for the Most Outstanding Computer Science Student), 2002, AIT
Artificial Intelligence, Multi-agents, Argumentation, Proof Procedures, Dialogues, Contract Dispute Resolution Systems
Argumentation is a form of reasoning, that could be viewed as a dispute resolution, in which the participants present their arguments to establish, defend or attack certain propositions. A theoretical study of argumentation may be about mechanisms for constructing of arguments and the attack relation between arguments; argumentation semantics for deciding which arguments to accept and which arguments to reject; or proof procedures to compute the acceptability of arguments for different arguemntation semantics.
Applications of Argumentation
Argumentation has provided a basis for understanding non-monotonic and defeasible reasoning, a promising platform for investigating decision making, negotiation, legal reasoning, learning, dispute resolution, dialogues, multi-agents and sensor networks.
- 2013-Present: SIIT
- 2007-2009: Project researcher, AIT
List of Publications
International Journal Papers
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2017). Inference procedures and engine for probabilistic argumentation, International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, Vol. 90, November 2017, pp. 163-191.
- Rassarin Chinnachodteeranun; Nguyen Duy Hung; Kiyoshi Honda; Amor V. M. Ines; and Eunjin Han (2016). Designing implementing weather generators as web services, Future Internet, Vol. 8, No. 4, 15 December 2016, Article No. 55, 24 p.
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2016). Probabilistic argumentation for decision making a toolbox and applications, Journal of Intelligent Informatics and Smart Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, September 2016, 12 p.
International Conference Papers
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2017). Probabilistic assumption-based argumentation with DST evidence. In Proceedings of the Joint 17th World Congress of International Fuzzy Systems Association and 9th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems (IFSA-SCIS 2017), 27-30 June 2017, Otsu, Shiga, Japan, 6 p.
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2017). A generalization of probabilistic argumentation with Dempster-Shafer theory, Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Lecture Notes in Artiﬁcial Intelligence: KI 2017: Advances in Artiﬁcial Intelligence: Proceedings of the 40th Annual German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI 2017), 25-29 September 2017, Dortmund, Germany, Vol. 10505, August 2017, pp. 155-169.
- Teeradaj Racharak; Satoshi Tojo; Nguyen Duy Hung; and Prachya Boonkwan (2017). Combining answer set programming with description logics for analogical reasoning under an agent’s preferences, Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Lecture Notes in Artiﬁcial Intelligence: Advances in Artificial Intelligence: From Theory to Practice: Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Industrial, Engineering and Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems (IEA/AIE 2017), 27-30 June 2017, Arras, France, Vol. 10351, 2017, pp. 306-316.
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2016). A probabilistic argumentation engine. In Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI 2016), 6-8 November 2016, San Jose, California, USA, pp. 311-318.
- Hung, Nguyen Duy (2016). Computing probabilistic assumption-based argumentation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science: PRICAI 2016: Trends in Artificial Intelligence: Proceedings of the 14th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI 2016), 22-26 August 2016, Phuket, Thailand, Vol. 9810, 2016, pp. 152-166.
- Nguyen, Duy Hung; Santi Kaisaard; and Saung Hnin Pwint Oo (2015). Probabilistic argumentation for service restoration in power distribution networks. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Knowledge Information and Creativity Support Systems (KICSS 2015) [CD-ROM], 12-14 November 2015, Phuket, Thailand, pp. 70-82.
- Nguyen, Thi Mai Phuong; Nguyen Duy Hung; and Honda Kiyoshi (2015). Dynamic rebinding for service composition. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Knowledge Information and Creativity Support Systems (KICSS 2015) [CD-ROM], 12-14 November 2015, Phuket, Thailand, pp. 562-569.
- Santi Kaisaaard and Nguyen Duy Hung (2015). A simulation-based framework for distribution service restoration, Applied Mechanics and Materials: Mechanical and Electrical Technology VII: Proceedings of the 2015 7th International Conference on Mechanical and Electrical Technology (ICMET 2015), 1-2 July 2015, Bali, Indonesia, Vol. 799-800, 2015, pp. 1227-1231.