FAQs (Graduate Programs)
1. Question: What programs are offered at SIIT?
Answer: 1. Master of Engineering
- Master of Engineering Program in Engineering Technology
- Master of Engineering Program in Information and Communication Technology for Embedded Systems (ICTES) (Available for August semester, only)
- Master of Engineering Program in Logistics and Supply Chain Systems Engineering (LSCSE)
2. Master of Science
- Master of Science Program in Engineering and Technology
- Master of Science Program in Management Mathematics
3. Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy Program in Engineering and Technology
For more details of each program, please visit:
2. Question: When will the semester start?
Answer: There are 2 semesters each year at SIIT.
- First semester starts in August.
- Second semester starts in January.
Please check our Academic Calendar at:
3. Question: Where can I find a name list of professors at SIIT?
Answer: Please check the name list at:
4. Question: How many credits are required for a Master's degree and Doctoral degree?
Answer: 39 credits for Master's degree (2 years of study)
60 credits for Doctoral degree (3 years of study)
5. Question: How much is the tuition fee per semester?
Answer: The total tuition and educational support fees per semester are approximately 86,160 Baht per 9 credits.
6. Question: What are the requirements for applying for a scholarship?
Answer: The requirements are listed in this link: http://www.siit.tu.ac.th/admission.php?sid=17&ssid=70
7. Question: Is there an application fee?
8. Question: Are letters of recommendation required? Who is eligible to write my letters of recommendation?
Answer: Yes, two letters of recommendation are required from your previous advisor and/or professor.
A letter of recommendation from your supervisor may also be used if you are currently working.
The letter of recommendation form can be downloaded (end of online application form).
9. Question: Do I have to send in hardcopies of my application documents to SIIT?
Answer: No, all documents should be submitted online through the Online Application on the SIIT website.
10. Question: Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
Answer: Yes, you can, but please first apply for a currently available scholarship program. (EFS scholarship for foreign student or ETS scholarship for Thai student)
11. Question: If I do not have an English proficiency test score, can I still apply?
Answer: Yes, but you must take an English proficiency test and submit your score before
the 1st semester ends.
These are the minimum English requirements for admissions, as follows:
12. Question: If I am currently studying for my bachelor’s degree, can I apply?
Answer: Yes, but you must graduate before the upcoming semester in order to study here.
13. Question: Do I have to pay for my scholarship after I graduate from SIIT?
Answer: No, however if one of the below conditions is not met, your scholarship status may be revoked and you will have to pay back the tuition fees to SIIT:
1. Maintain a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.25 with no “F”, “U”, “NP” or “W” grades.
2. Make good progress in his/her master’s thesis/doctoral dissertation, and report his/her progress every semester.
3. Assist in the Institute’s work for 30 hours per semester, focused primarily on exam proctoring for 24 hours, and laboratory supervision or tutoring courses for 6 hours.
14. Question: What is the admission process?
Answer: The admission Process is as follows:
1. Applicants submit an online application via http://admissions.siit.tu.ac.th (during the application period) by uploading the required documents to the online application system, limited to a maximum of 5 MB/each file.
2. The application is considered by SIIT committees.
3. The successful candidates will be informed by the admission staff via e-mail.
15. Question: What do I have to do after submitting an application? When will the results be announced?
Answer: You can check the results on the SIIT website on the date announced in the schedule, and any future updates will be announced on the website. (www.siit.tu.ac.th)